Serve this creamy and spicy Crock Pot Chipotle Chicken Alfredo recipe for dinner tonight!
- Cook the pasta following the instructions on the package, drain, rinse well and set aside.
- Turn the new Crock-Pot® 6-Quart 5-in-1 Multi-Cooker on the brown/saute setting and add the butter.
- Heat until the butter has melted.
- Stir the flour, pepper and salt into the melted butter.
- Stir the flour mixture into the butter breaking up all the lumps and saute for 1 minute, stirring the entire time.
- Slowly whisk the milk into the flour and butter mixture.
- Add the chipotle pepper and any adobe sauce from the peppers to the multi cooker.
- Whisk to combine.
- Add the fresh Parmesan cheese to the slow cooker and mix well until the cheese has melted.
- Place the chicken into the sauce and cover.
- Switch the multi cooker to the slow cooker setting and turn the temperature on high. Cook the chicken for 4 hours on high or 6 hours on low or until the chicken is cooked through the center (165 F. internal temperature of the thickest chicken breast).
- Once the chicken is cooked remove it from the Crock-Pot® slow cooker to a bowl.
- Stir the Penne pasta into the Alfredo sauce in the slow cooker until all the pasta is covered with sauce.
- Return the chicken to the slow cooker and serve. Or Place the pasta on a serving platter and place the chicken on top of the pasta.
- Sprinkle some dry parsley and fresh Parmesan cheese over the chicken and serve immediately.
Notes: Don’t own a Crock-Pot 6-Quart 5-in-1 Multi-Cooker yet? you can still make this recipe by making the cream sauce in a sauce pan on the stove. Start out in the sauce pan on the stove and follow step 2-8 then transfer the Alfredo sauce to a 6 quart Crock-Pot® Slow Cooker and follow the remaining steps.