Crock Pot Chicken Wild Rice Soup Recipe
Thick and Creamy Crock Pot Chicken Wild Rice soup is a hearty soup recipe that is packed full of protein and tastes delicious.
1 1/2 to 2 lbs skinless boneless chicken breasts or chicken thighs
1/2 cup diced onion
2 teaspoons minced garlic
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon dried or fresh rosemary
1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
32 oz carton low sodium chicken broth (4 cups)
1/2 to 2/3 cups wild rice
2 tablespoons butter
1 1/2 cups heavy cream, half and half or milk (I used heavy cream)
3 tablespoons cool water
3 tablespoons cornstarch
- Place the boneless chicken breasts or thighs in the crock pot. Add the diced onions, minced garlic, spices, and chicken broth in the crock pot.
- Cover and cook on high for 2 hours remove the cooked chicken from the crock pot and place in a bowl.
- Using two forks pull the chicken meat apart. Add the shredded chicken back into the crock pot.
- Add the butter, wild rice, and heavy cream to the crock pot and stir to combine.
- In a small bowl mix the cornstarch and cool water. Pour the slurry into the crock pot and mix in.
- Cover the crock pot and cook on high for 1 hour or low for two hours. Or continue cooking until the rice is cooked to your liking.
- Makes 3 quarts of Crock Pot Chicken Wild Rice Soup or 6 – 8 servings.
- Category: Crock Pot Recipes
- Method: Slow Cooker
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 506
- Carbohydrates: 17.9g
- Fiber: 1.2g
- Protein: 40.9g
Keywords: Chicken Wild Rice Soup recipe, Crock Pot Wild Rice Soup, Chicken Soup recipe, Creamy Chicken Soup recipe