Crock Pot Chicken Roasted Sweet Potato Soup Recipe
Crock Pot Chicken Roasted Sweet Potato Soup is made with chicken breasts, Roasted Sweet Potatoes, onion, leek, and garlic. Roasted vegetables give this chicken soup recipe a delicious flavor.
- 1 to 2 lbs boneless chicken
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 3 sprigs of thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 to 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled
- 1 leek
- 1 small onion
- 5 cloves garlic
- 15.5 oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- Place the chicken, broth, thyme, bay leaf, and ground pepper in the crock pot. Slow cook on high for 2 hours.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 400 F. degrees. Prepare a large baking sheet by pouring the olive oil on it.
- While the oven is preheating peel the sweet potatoes and cut into large chunks. Slice the leek into 2-inch pieces, and cut the onion into wedges.
- Peel the garlic cloves.
- Place all of the vegetables on the large cookie sheet. Salt and pepper the vegetables to taste then use a spatula to toss the vegetables to coat with the olive oil.
- Roast the vegetables in the preheated oven for 30 minutes, occasionally tossing.
- Once the vegetables are soft and starting to char on the edges remove the baking sheet from the oven and set aside to cool while the chicken is cooking in the crock pot.
- After two hours or when the chicken is cooked through the center use two forks to pull the chicken meat apart.
- Add the roasted vegetables to the crock pot.
- Grain and rinse the can of black beans and add to the crock pot.
- Add the ground cinnamon, cumin, and chili pepper to the crock pot.
- Mix the cornstarch and water until lump free and stir into the crock pot.
- Replace the lid on the crock pot and heat for at least an hour to heat the vegetables and beans.
- You can reduce the heat to love and continue to cook for a couple of hours if need be.
- Makes 4 to 6 servings.
- Calories: 363
Keywords: Crock Pot Soup recipe, Crock Pot Chicken, Crock Pot Chicken Soup recipe, Roasted Vegetables, Sweet Potatoes