Crock Pot Chicken Garbanzo Bean Soup Recipe
- 2 boneless chicken breasts (about 1 lb boneless chicken meat)
- 1 cup sliced celery, (use the tender leaves at the center of the celery stalk if you have them)
- 5 large carrots, sliced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 large Bay Leaves
- 1 tablespoon of chopped garlic
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme or a small bunch of fresh thyme sprigs
- 14.5 ounce can of diced tomatoes
- 15.5 ounce can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 8 cups of chicken broth ( two 32 ounce cartons)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup long grain white rice, rinsed well and drained
- large handful of fresh baby spinach leaves
- With a sharp knife carefully cut the boneless chicken into cubes.
- Place the cubed chicken meat, celery, sliced carrots, chopped onion, dry bay leaves, chopped garlic, un-drained can of diced tomatoes, the drained and rinsed garbanzo beans into an 8-quart crock pot.
- Add the chicken broth and salt and pepper to the crock pot. Stir to combine.
- Place the lid on the crock pot and cook on high for 2 to 2 1/2 hours. After 2 to 2 1/2 hours add the long grain white rice to the crock pot.
- Stir the rice into the broth to prevent it from clumping.
- Replace the lid and continue to cook for another 30 to 60 minutes or until the rice is just tender.
- Do not overcook or the chicken will be very dry and the rice will turn to mush.
- Right before you plan to serve the soup add a large handful of fresh baby spinach leaves to the crock pot and stir.
- Makes 6 to 8 servings.
- Category: Crock Pot Soup Recipe
- Method: Crock Pot
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 216
- Carbohydrates: 24.2g
- Fiber: 5.4g
- Protein: 21.8g
Keywords: Crock Pot Chicken Garbanzo Bean Recipe, Crock Pot Soup Recipe, Crock Pot Chicken Recipe, Chicken Soup Recipe