Crock Pot Chicken Enchilada Casserole
- 3 cups cooked chicken, cubed
- 4 cups shredded Mexican Mix cheese, divided
- 3 10 oz cans enchilada sauce
- 10 flour tortilla
- 15 oz can black beans
- 15 oz can Fiesta Corn
- 3.8 oz can sliced black olives
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- Sauté the onion in 1 tablespoon oil until translucent.
- Add garlic to the pan and sauté for 1 minute longer.
- Add 2 can of enchilada sauce and the cooked chicken to the pan.
- Simmer the chicken in the sauce for about five minutes then remove from heat.
- Grease the bottom of a six quart crock pot with oil.
- Cover the bottom of the crock pot with about a1/4 cup of chicken and enchilada sauce.
- Lay two tortillas in the bottom of the crock pot.
- Layer 1 cup of the chicken and sauce, 1/4 cup corn, 1/4 cup black beans, some olives and top with 1/2 cup of cheese.
- Repeat three more times.
- Top last layer with two more tortillas and pour the last can of enchilada sauce over the top.
- Cook for 4 hours on low.
- During the last 30 minutes of cooking time sprinkle the remaining 2 cups of cheese over the top and cook until the cheese has melted.
- Serve with sour cream and homemade Tomatillo Salsa.
- Category: Crock Pot Recipes
- Method: Slow Cooker
- Cuisine: Mexican