Crock Pot Chicken and Dumplings Recipe
Easy Crock Pot Chicken and Dumplings is a delicious rich and creamy comfort food perfect served on a cold or rainy day. The easy dumplings are made out of canned biscuits that make a thick and creamy gravy that tastes amazing. This easy crockpot chicken and dumplings recipe is made without canned soup.
- 1 to 2 lbs boneless chicken
- 5 medium carrots, washed, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup sliced celery
- medium onion, peeled and diced (about 1 cup)
- 1 heaping tablespoon minced fresh garlic
- 5 to 6 medium dried bay leaves
- 8 fresh thyme sprigs or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 6 to 8 cups of chicken broth
- 1–2 cans of canned biscuits (I used Grands Southern Style Biscuits)
- Put the boneless chicken, sliced carrots, sliced celery, diced onion, minced garlic, salt, pepper, parsley, and bay leaves into an 8-quart crock pot.
- Place the lid on the crock pot and cook on high for 3-4 hours, 5-6 on low or until the chicken is cooked thoroughly.
- Remove the chicken breasts from the crock pot and place them in a bowl. Use two forks to shred the meat.
- Return shredded chicken to the crock pot and stir.
- Cut the canned biscuits into cubes or strips. Drop the canned biscuit pieces into the crock pot and stir.
- Place the lid back on and cook for about an hour or until the biscuits are cooked through the center. It will take about 30-60 minutes depending on how many biscuits you used.
- As the canned biscuits cook the chicken and dumplings will thicken and make a rich and creamy dumpling gravy that is very creamy.
If using bone-in chicken you will need to strain the broth after the chicken has cooked to remove any bones that may have fallen into the chicken broth as the chicken cooked.
- Serving Size: Bowl
- Calories: 278
- Fat: 8.3g
- Carbohydrates: 29.3
- Fiber: 2.5g
- Protein: 21.5g
Keywords: Easy Crock Pot Chicken and Dumplings recipe, Chicken and Dumplings with canned biscuits, Chicken and Dumplings without cream of chicken soup