Crock Pot Chicken Chili Recipe
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2.5 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into bite size pieces
- 1 small onion. diced
- 1/2 cup diced green pepper
- 1/2 cup diced red pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 14.5 ounce can Hunts Fire roasted Diced Tomatoes
- 2 cans canellini beans, undrained
- 1 can black beans, drain and rinsed
- 1 2 ounce can dice Chile peppers
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (adjust as needed)
- 1 1/2 cans of water
- shredded cheese (optional)
- sour cream (optional)
- 3 tablespoons cool water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet and saute the chicken for about 5 minutes.
- Add the onion, green peppers and garlic to the skillet.
- Toss well and saute for 1-2 minutes.
- Pour the contents of the skillet into a 6-quart crock pot.
- Add the next 10 ingredients to the crock pot.
- Stir well.
- Cook for 4 hours on high.
- To thicken
- After 3 hours of cooking mix the cool water with the cornstarch and add to the crock pot.
- Stir, recover the slow cooker and cook for the remaining hour or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Serve over a bed of rice. Top with shredded cheese and sour cream if desired.