Crock Pot Chicken Burritos Recipe
Picky eaters will love this simple but delicious Crock Pot Chicken Burritos recipe. This shredded chicken burritos filling can be used to make burritos or any Mexican recipe that calls for shredded chicken.
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken
- 15 oz can pinto beans, undrained
- 1 cup favorite salsa
- 4 oz can green chiles
- 1 envelope chicken taco seasoning
- 8 flour tortillas, warmed
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese
- Place the boneless skinless chicken into the bottom of a 6 quart crock pot.
- Add the canned pintos beans to the crock pot.
- Add the salsa to the crock pot
- Add the canned chiles to the crock pot.
- Sprinkle the chicken taco seasoning over the ingredients in the crock pot.
- Use a spoon ot tongs to toss the chicken with the other ingredients in the crock pot.
- Place the lid on the crock pot and cook on low for 4 to 5 hours or high for 2.5 hours or until the chicken is cooked to an internal temperture of 165 F.
- When the chicken is completly cooked remove 1 cup of the liquid from the crock pot and save. Use two forks to shred the chicken and mix to combine with the other ingredients.
- Divide the burrito filling between 8 warm flour tortillas, sprinkle about 2 tablespoons of shredded cheese over the burrito filling and roll the tortillas up.
- Serve with your favorite burrito toppings, like sliced avocado, sour cream, hot sauce and more salsa.
- Category: Crock Pot Chicken Recipes
- Method: Crock Pot
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Serving Size: 1 Burrito
- Calories: 364
- Sugar: 3.5g
- Carbohydrates: 36g
- Fiber: 4.8g
- Protein: 34.2g
Keywords: Crock Pot Chicken Burritos filling, Crock Pot Shredded Chicken recipe, Chicken Filling, Mexican Recipes