What I love about this Crock Pot Chicken Artichoke Casserole recipe is I get to enjoy one of my favorite vegetables.
Using canned artichokes makes it easy. And the flavor combination of the chicken, artichokes, sun-dried tomatoes with the cheesy sauce is delicious.
- 1.5 lbs boneless chicken (2 medium chicken breasts)
- 1/4 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes in olive oil
- canned artichoke hearts, cut into quarters
- can cream of chicken soup
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese, divided
- 4 cups cooked bow tie pasta
- Place the boneless chicken breasts into a 6-quart crock pot. Salt and pepper both sides of the chicken.
- Add the roasted tomatoes and quartered artichoke hearts to the crock pot.
- In a small bowl whisk the cream of chicken soup and milk together until lump free. Add 1 cup of shredded cheese to the bowl and mix to combine.
- Pour the cream of soup mixture over the chicken in the crock pot. Using a fork move the chicken around so the soup sinks below the chicken breast pieces.
- Place the lid on the crock pot and cook for 2 to 3 hours on high or 4 to 5 hours on low or until the chicken is cooked to an internal temperature of 165 F. degrees. Cooking times will vary depending on the thickness of the chicken breast pieces use.
- Once the chicken is done cooking use a fork to pull the chicken into bite-size pieces then add the cooked pasta to the crock pot. Mix well so the pasta is covered with the sauce.
- Sprinkle the remaining shredded cheese over the top of the pasta and chicken. Place the lid on and turn off the crock pot or turn it to the warm setting if available. Allow the cheese to melt before serving.
- Makes 4 to 6 servings.
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Slow Cooker
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 634
- Fiber: 7.2g
- Protein: 51.2g
Keywords: Cheesy Chicken Casserole, Crock Pot Chicken Casserole, Crock Pot Chicken recipe