Crock Pot Chicken and Rice Recipe
This Crock Pot Chicken and Rice recipe is so easy to make.
When I say easy I mean easy. This crock pot chicken and yellow rice recipe has 3 ingredients plus an onion and some spices.
It is one of the easiest Crock Pot Chicken Recipes you can make.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 16-ounce family size package Vigo Saffron Yellow Rice mix
- 5 cups chicken broth or water
- 1 medium onion
- 2 large bay leaves
- salt to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Place the chicken breasts, 4 cups chicken stock, onion, bay leaves and pepper in a 6 quart crock pot.
- Cook for 3-4 hours on high or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Remove chicken from crock pot and break apart into large chunks.
- Remove the onion and bay leaves from the crock pot and discard.
- With a spoon or small strainer skim out any sediment left in the crock pot from cooking the chicken.
- Return the chicken to the crock pot.
- Add the yellow rice to the crock pot and stir.
- Cook for an additional hour or until the rice is tender.
- Serve as a side dish or a meal.
Do not overcook or the rice will turn to mush.
If you are using bone-in chicken breasts after the chicken has finished cooking you will need to remove the cooked chicken from the bone before returning it to the crock pot. You should also skim the broth with a small fine-meshed strainer to make sure all of the bones have been removed from the broth to prevent choking on a bone.
- Category: Crock Pot Chicken Recipes
- Method: Crock Pot
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 492
Keywords: Crock Pot Chicken and Rice Recipe, Crock Pot Chicken and Yellow Rice, Chicken and Rice Recipe, Crock Pot Chicken Recipe