This week’s easy crock pot recipe is Crock Pot Chicken and Rice. And when I say easy I mean easy. This chicken crock pot recipe only has 3 main ingredients an onion and some spices.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 – 16 ounce family size package Vigo Saffron Yellow Rice mix
- 5 cups chicken broth or water
- 1 medium onion
- 2 large bay leaves
- salt to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Place the chicken breasts, 4 cups chicken stock, onion, bay leaves and pepper in a 6 quart crock pot.
- Cook for 3-4 hours on high or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Remove chicken from crock pot and break apart into large chunks.
- Remove the onion and bay leaves from the crock pot and discard.
- With a spoon or small strainer skim out any sediment left in the crock pot from cooking the chicken.
- Return the chicken to the crock pot.
- Add the yellow rice to the crock pot and stir.
- Cook for an additional hour or until the rice is tender.
- Serve as a side dish or a meal.
Do not over cook or the rice will turn to mush.
- Calories: 492