This weeks crock pot recipe is a throwback to my childhood. Crock Pot Chicken a la King is one of those comfort foods you can never get enough of. It is a perfect Sunday supper or is one of those perfect creamy dishes that will warm you up on a chilly evening in the winter.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup frozen peas & onions
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch + 2 tablespoons cool water
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Cut the chicken breasts into bite size pieces.
- Place the chicken, cream of chicken soup, chicken broth, salt and black pepper into a crock pot and mix to combine.
- Cook on high for 2 hours.
- Stir in the peas, onions and paprika.
- Add the cornstarch and water, then stir to combine.
- Cook for 30-60 minutes longer or until the peas are heated through and the sauce has thickened.
- Serve over a bed of rice or noodles.
- Category: Crock Pot Recipe
- Method: Slow Cooker
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 Chicken Breast (1/2 cup rice)
- Calories: 579 kcal
- Carbohydrates: 53.5 g