This Crock Pot Cheesy Frito Taco Casserole recipe is a blast from the past. If you are a child of the 70’s or 80’s then this Frito Taco Bake recipe is going to bring back childhood memories of your Mom making it.
- bag of Frito Original Corn Chips
- 2 lbs ground beef, browned and drained well (about 4 cups)
- 2 packets Taco seasoning
- 1 1/4 cup water
- 10 oz can Cheddar Cheese Soup mixed with 1/2 cup of milk
- 14 oz can Refried Beans
- 4 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- Brown the ground beef and drain well.
- In the crock pot mix the browned ground beef, taco seasoning and water until well combined.
- Add the cheddar cheese soup and milk to the beef mixture and mix until combined.
- Drop the refried beans by the tablespoon over the ground beef mixture.
- Spread half the shredded cheese over the top of the refried beans.
- Top the entire mixture with the bag of Frito corn chips.
- Cook on high for 2-3 hours or until bubbling.
- 30 minutes before serving spread the remaining shredded cheese over the corn chips, recover and cook until cheese is melted.
- Serve with shredded lettuce and your favorite taco toppings.
- Serves 4-6
- Category: Crock Pot Recipes
- Method: Slow Cooker
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: per bowl
- Calories: 797