Crock Pot Cheesy Chicken Quinoa Soup recipe is a healthier option for a creamy chicken soup.
- 1 lb. boneless chicken cut into bite size pieces
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Franks Red Hot Seasoning or seasoned salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup frozen spinach, thawed and drained or 1/2 fresh spinach
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar
- 1 cup shredded Colby jack cheese
- 2 cups cooked Quinoa
- In a bowl season the chicken pieces with the salt, pepper, Franks Red Hot seasoning or seasoned salt and flour. Toss well so all pieces are coated.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet or the Crock Pot Multi Cooker set to the brown/saute setting.
- Cook the chicken until lightly golden. Add the garlic to the skillet or multi cooker and toss for about 1 minute.
- Place the browned chicken into a crock pot set on low if you used a skillet on the stove top.
- Switch the Crock Pot Multi Cooker to the slow cooker setting on low if you used it to brown the chicken.
- Add the spinach, chicken broth, heavy cream and sharp cheddar to the slow cooker. Mix well. Cook on low for 3 hours.
- After three hours add the Colby jack cheese and cooked quinoa to the slow cooker.
- Stir, recover and cook for another hour or until the soup has slightly thickened.
- Makes 4 servings.
- Calories: 772
Keywords: crock pot soup recipe, quinoa soup recipe, crock pot chicken recipe, crock pot chicken soup recipe