Crock Pot Cheesy Chicken Broccoli Rice
- 3 cooked boneless chicken breasts or 3 cups chicken
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2½ cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup Uncle Ben's Original Rice
- 2 can cream chicken soup
- 1½ cups broccoli florets
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- Pull the chicken meat apart on a plate and set aside.
- Have your child mix the chicken broth, cream of chicken soup, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- If using frozen broccoli thaw in the microwave, drain and set aside.
- Have your child put all the cooked chicken meat in the bottom of the crock pot.
- Have your child carefully pour the chicken broth mixture over the chicken in the crock pot.
- Measure out the rice and have your child pour it into the crock pot.
- Have your child add the drained broccoli to the crock pot.
- Top off the ingredients with 1½ cups of shredded cheddar cheese.
- Let your child gently mix the ingredients.
- Place the lid on the crock pot and set the crock pot on high.
- Cook without stirring for 3 hours or until the rice is tender.
- Before serving sprinkle the remaining ½ cheddar cheese over the top.
- Replace the lid. Serve when the cheese has melted.