Crock Pot Butternut Squash is so easy to make. Cooking a thick skinned squash in the slow cooker takes all the hard work out of cutting the squash. Once cooked in the crock pot a knife slide through the thick skin of a butternut squash like butter.
- 1 butternut squash
- 1/2 cup water
- crock pot big enough to fit your butternut squash in whole.
- Scrub the outside of the butternut squash well.
- Place water and squash into the crock pot.
- Cook on high 3-4 hours or until the squash is fork tender.
- Carefully remove the hot squash to a cookie sheet and allow to cool.
- Cut the squash down the center and remove the seeds.
- With a spoon scoop the squash from the skin.
- You can serve the warm squash as is with butter, brown sugar and a sprinkle of cinnamon or use the squash to make another recipe.
- Calories: 62