Crock Pot Broccoli Cheddar Soup
Crock Pot Broccoli Cheddar Soup recipe is rich, creamy and cheesy just like I like it. Make a big slow cooker full and freeze some for later.
Panera Bread Copycat Broccoli Cheddar Soup recipe
- 2 1/2 cups fresh broccoli florets cut into small bite size pieces
- 8 oz sharp cheddar
- 1 cup julienned carrots
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 7 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3 cups half and half
- Cut the broccoli and carrots and place in the crock pot with the chicken broth.
- Saute the onion, 2 tablespoons butter and pepper until the onion is translucent.
- Add the cooked onion to the crock pot.
- On medium heat melt the remaining butter in the pan you cooked the onions in and add the flour.
- Whisk the flour and butter together. Add the nutmeg and salt to the pan.
- Whisk for about three minutes until smooth and the mixture starts to turn a light golden color.
- Add the half and half to the pan with the flour constantly whisking.
- Cook on medium high until thickened, about 3 minutes.
- Pour the cream sauce into the crock pot.
- Add the shredded cheese to the crock pot.
- Stir well.
- Place a triple layer of paper towels over the top of the crock pot then place the lid on.
- Cook on high for one hour.
- Reduce heat to low and cook for 3 hours.
- Category: Crock Pot Recipes
- Method: Slow Cooker
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 Bowl
- Calories: 284
Keywords: Crock Pot Broccoli Cheddar Soup recipe, Panera Bread Copycat Broccoli Cheddar Soup, Broccoli Soup recipe,