Crock Pot Broccoli Cheddar Soup
Crock Pot Broccoli Cheddar Soup recipe is rich, creamy and cheesy just like I like it. Make a big slow cooker full and freeze some for later.
Panera Bread Copycat Broccoli Cheddar Soup recipe
- Cut the broccoli and carrots and place in the crock pot with the chicken broth.
- Saute the onion, 2 tablespoons butter and pepper until the onion is translucent.
- Add the cooked onion to the crock pot.
- On medium heat melt the remaining butter in the pan you cooked the onions in and add the flour.
- Whisk the flour and butter together. Add the nutmeg and salt to the pan.
- Whisk for about three minutes until smooth and the mixture starts to turn a light golden color.
- Add the half and half to the pan with the flour constantly whisking.
- Cook on medium high until thickened, about 3 minutes.
- Pour the cream sauce into the crock pot.
- Add the shredded cheese to the crock pot.
- Stir well.
- Place a triple layer of paper towels over the top of the crock pot then place the lid on.
- Cook on high for one hour.
- Reduce heat to low and cook for 3 hours.
- Serving Size: 1 Bowl
- Calories: 284
Keywords: Crock Pot Broccoli Cheddar Soup recipe, Panera Bread Copycat Broccoli Cheddar Soup, Broccoli Soup recipe,