Special mornings deserve a special breakfast like this Crock Pot Breakfast Quiche. Thanksgiving or Christmas morning is a perfect day to serve this fluffy and cheesy breakfast quiche recipe.
homemade dough ingredients
- 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 1/4 cup cold butter
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup ice water
Quiche filling ingredients
- 7 extra large eggs
- 1 cup milk or heavy cream
- 1/4 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon minced parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups cubed ham
- 4 oz white sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 oz Swiss cheese, shredded
- Place the flour and salt in a bowl and whisk to combine.
- Add the shortening and butter to the bowl and using a pastry cutter work the flour into the shortening and butter until pea size balls form.
- Add 1 tablespoon of ice water at a time tossing the flour and water together. Continue adding water until the dough starts to hold together and you can work the dough into a ball.
- On a piece of parchment paper that has been greased with olive oil roll the dough out into a 14 x 11 inch rectangle.
- Lift the parchment paper up by the corners and place the crust and parchment paper into a 6 or 7 quart crock pot.
- In a large bowl whisk the eggs, milk or cream, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Stir in the ham, peppers, onions and cheeses. Gently Mix well.
- Carefully pour the quiche filling into the crock pot over the crust dough Stop filling before the egg mixture reaches the top edge of the crust. Discard any leftover egg mixture if you have any.
- If there is enough dough above the egg filling to turn down to form a crust edge you can do that if you like.
- Place the lid on the crock pot and cook on high for 2 1/2 hours or until the center of the quiche filling is just set.
- Lift the quiche from the crock pot by picking it up by the edges of the parchment paper.
- Place the quiche on a serving platter.
- Cut into squares to serve.
- Makes about 8 servings.
- Category: Crock Pot Recipes
- Method: Slow Cooker
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1/8
- Calories: 616