This Crock Pot Black Bean Chili is perfect any time of year. Made it with pork stew meat or without for a vegetarian version.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1.5 lbs pork stew meat
- two 14.5 oz cans diced tomato with Chiles
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 heaping teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 cup chicken broth
- Three 14.5 oz cans black beans, drained and rinsed well
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet, season the pork with salt and pepper then brown on medium high.
- Meanwhile, add the tomatoes, green pepper, onion, garlic, chili powder,cumin and chicken stock to a 4-quart crock pot set to high.
- Mix well. Add the pork to the crock pot once it has browned.
- Cover and cook 3 hours on high.
- After 3 hours add the black beans.
- Cook one more hour or until the beans have heated through.
- Adjust seasoning if needed.
- Serve with a sprinkle of cheese and a dollop of sour cream.
- Makes 6 servings.
- Category: Crock Pot Chili