Crock Pot Baked Ziti Recipe
Keep the house cool and enjoy dinner with this easy Crock Pot Baked Ziti recipe. Crock Pot Baked Ziti is one of our favorite holiday crock pot recipes.
- 2 lbs blocks whole milk mozzarella cheese
- 2 lbs uncooked ziti pasta
- 1 pound ground beef
- 45 ounce jar pasta sauce
- 32 ounce ricotta cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Turn crock pot on high.
- Brown the ground beef and drain well.
- Return the ground beef to the pan and pour sauce in, mix well and remove from heat.
- In a bowl beat the egg.
- Mix the ricotta cheese, parsley, salt and pepper into the egg.
- Cut mozzarella cheese into small cubes.
- Spray a 6 or 7 quart crock pot with cooking spray or wipe down with oil to prevent sticking.
- Add about 1 1/2 cups of sauce and meat into the bottom of the crock pot and spread evenly over the bottom.
- Spread a layer of ricotta cheese over the sauce.
- Add a layer of uncooked ziti pasta and spread evenly over the ricotta cheese.
- Spread a layer of sauce and meat over the pasta.
- Repeat layering the pasta, sauce, ricotta cheese and mozzarella cheese until you have filled the crock pot or run out of ingredients being sure to end with a layer of mozzarella cheese as the final layer.
- Place the cover on the crock pot and cook on high for 4 hours or until the pasta is cooked through.
- Avoid removing the cover of the crock pot during the cooking time as this will slow down the cooking time.
- Category: Crock Pot Recipes
- Method: Slow Cooker
- Cuisine: Italian
- Calories: 954
Keywords: crock pot baked ziti recipe, Crock Pot Baked Ziti uncooked pasta, easy baked ziti recipe