The easiest homemade applesauce is made in a crock pot slow cooker. Crock Pot Cinnamon Applesauce is made with fresh Gala apples, ground cinnamon and a small amount of sugar. Homemade applesauce is a delicious sidedish for pork. Making applesauce is a great way to use sweet fall apples.
- 10 cups very thinly sliced apple pieces
- 1/4 cup water
- Ball Fresh Fruit or lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons sugar (optional)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Prepare a large bowl by combining 2 teaspoons Ball Fruit Fresh with 3 tablespoons of cool water. Mix well and pour into the bowl.
- Core, peel and slice the apples thinly.
- Place the apple slices from each apple as you slice it into the bowl and toss with the Fruit Fresh and water to prevent browning.
- Once all the apples are sliced measure them into a 4 quart crock pot.
- Add the water, cinnamon and sugar if using.
- Cook on low for 8 hours or until the apples are very soft.
- Mash with a potato masher to breakup any large pieces of cooked apple for chunky applesauce. Process in a blender or use a stick blender to make smooth applesauce.
- Makes 2 quarts.
- Serving Size: 1/2 cup
- Calories: 45
Keywords: Crock Pot Applesauce, Homemade Applesauce, Apple Recipes, Cinnamon Applesauce