Creamy Pea Pasta Salad Recipe that is perfect served along side a holiday ham or for a side dish with any meal. Would be delicious served at a summer barbecue.
- 8 oz bow tie pasta, cooked el dente, drained well
- 1 large fresh tomato, diced
- 5 green onions, sliced
- 8 slices bacon, cooked crispy, drained and chopped
- 3 hard boiled eggs, peeled and roughly chopped
- 15 oz can Le Sueur Very Young Small Sweet Peas, drained well
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill weed
- Cook the pasta in a large pot of salted boiling water following the directions on the box. Rinse and drain the pasta well. Pour the pasta into a large mixing bowl.
- Add the diced tomatoes, sliced green onions and chopped bacon to the bowl. Toss well.
- Roughly chop the hard boiled eggs and add them to the bowl. Gently mix to combine with the other ingredients.
- In a small bowl mix the dressing ingredients well.
- Pour the dressing over the salad ingredients in the bowl and toss well to coat all of the pasta salad ingredients with the dressing.
- Fold the drained Le Sueur Very Young Small Sweet Peas into the pasta salad just until combined.
- Slice a few extra hard boiled eggs in half and arrange on top of the creamy pea pasta salad before serving, if desired.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Makes about 8 servings.
I used a combination of small fresh red tomatoes and yellow cherry tomatoes from my garden. You can use 1 or 2 large red tomatoes if that that is what you have.
- Serving Size: 1/2 cup
- Calories: 449
- Carbohydrates: 24.2g
- Fiber: 3.7g
- Protein: 14.1g