Cream Cheese Spritz Cookies Recipe
Cream Cheese Spritz Cookies are a traditional Christmas cookie recipe. Red, Green and white decorated Spritz cookies are perfect for your holiday dessert table and cookie exchange.
- 1 cup softened butter
- 3 oz softened cream cheese
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pure almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract (I used my homemade vanilla extract)
- 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- AmeriColor #119 Red Red Gel Food coloring (optional)
- AmeriColor #111 Leaf Green Gel Food coloring (optional)
- Christmas Sprinkles
Powdered Sugar Glaze Ingredients
- In a large bowl beat together with an electric mixer the butter and cream cheese until combined well, lump free and creamy.
- Add the granulated sugar to the bowl and beat in for 1 or 2 minutes until the sugar is combined.
- Add the almond and vanilla extract to the bowl and beat in well.
- Add 1/2 of the all-purpose flour to the bowl and beat on low until the flour is combined with the ingredients. Add the remaining flour to the bowl and beat until the flour is complexly mixed in with the other cookie dough ingredients. Scrape the bowl and mix again.
- Divide the dough in thirds. Wrap 1/3 of the dough in plastic wrap and set aside.
- Transfer one of the thirds of dough to a small bowl. Add 5 drops of red gel food dye to the bowl and mix with a spoon until the food dye is mixed evenly into the cookie dough with no streaks of red showing. Wrap the red colored dough in plastic wrap. Set aside.
- Repeat with the remaining 1/3 of cookie dough and color with green gel food dye. Wrap in plastic wrap.
- Chill the cookie dough for at least an hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Remove one portion of the cookie dough from the refrigerator. Allow cookie dough to come to almost room temperature. Fill a Spritz cookie dough press with the dough. Press cookies out onto an aluminum baking sheet. Bake in the preheated oven for 8 to 10 minutes just until the edges of the cookies are slightly golden. Remove baking sheet from the oven and place on a cooling rack for 5 minutes. Transfer cooled cookies to a cooling rack. Cool completely before decorating.
- Wipe the baking sheet with a paper towel between cookie batches. Cool the cookie sheet completely before pressing the next batch of cookies.
- Repeat until all of the cream cheese Spritz cookies have been baked.
- Makes about 5 dozen cookies.
- Serving Size: 1 Cookie
- Calories: 69
- Fat: 3.6g
- Carbohydrates: 8.9g
- Fiber: 0.1g
- Protein: 0.5g
Keywords: Cream Cheese Spritz Cookies recipe, Spritz Cookies, Christmas Spritz Cookie recipe, Cookie Exchange recipe,