Homemade Cranberry Sauce Recipe
Easy 3 ingredients homemade Cranberry Sauce recipe is perfect served alongside your holiday turkey.
- 4 1/2 cups fresh cranberries ( I used almost 2 bags of fresh cranberries)
- 1 3/4 cups water
- 2 cups sugar
- Rinse the cranberries well under cold running water; drain.
- Discard any crushed or bruised cranberries.
- Combine the cranberries and water in a large stainless steel or enamel saucepan.Boil over medium-high until the skins begin to split. Puree the mixture using a food mill or food strainer to remove peels and seeds; discard solids. Return the mixture to large saucepan.
- Add the sugar to the cranberry mixture, and cook over medium-high, stirring until the sugar dissolves. Boil the mixture almost to the gelling point (220 F.)
- Ladle the hot cranberry sauce into a hot jar, leaving a 1/2 inch headspace. Remove airbubbles. Wipe the jar rim. Center the lid on the jar. Apply the band and adjust to fingertip-tight. Place the jar in the boiling water canner. Repeat until all jars are filled.
- Process the jars 15 minutes, adjusting for altitude. Turn off heat, remove the lid and let the jars stand 5 minutes. Remove jars and cool.
*Recipe can be found in the Ball® Canning Back to Basics Book (Time Inc. Books, 2017)
Makes about 4 (1/2 pint) jars or 2 (1-pint jars)
- Serving Size: 1/4 cup
- Calories: 268