Kick off holiday baking season with these easy golden and flaky Cranberry Orange Cheesecake Crescent Bars. Perfect holiday dessert recipe.
- 2 rolls Pillsbury Crescent Rolls
- 8 ounce cream cheese, softened
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- Glaze (optional)
- 2–4 tablespoons orange juice
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 375 F. degrees.
- Place the dried cranberries in a small bowl with the orange juice and set aside until needed.
- Prepare a baking pan by covering the bottom with parchment paper.
- Unroll 1 roll of Pillsbury Crescent Rolls and lay the sheet of dough without pulling the crescent rolls apart in a shallow baking pan or on a cookie sheet.
- Press the seams that divide each crescent roll closed with your fingers and set aside.
- In a bowl beat the cream cheese, butter, egg, vanilla and orange zest until creamy.
- Scrape the bowl and beat for about 30 seconds.
- Add half the powdered sugar to the bowl and beat on low until mixed in. Add the remaining powdered sugar and beat for one minute.
- Scrape the bowl well and beat on medium for 1 minute.
- Scoop the dried cranberries from the bowl of juice allowing the excess orange juice to drain. Add the cranberries to the cheesecake batter.
- Fold the cranberries into the batter. Discard the orange juice.
- Spread the cheesecake filling over the sheet of crescent rolls leaving the edges uncovered with filling.
- Unroll the remaining sheet of crescent rolls place the second sheet of dough over the filling.
- Press down on the edges to seal. Mix the granulated sugar with the ground cinnamon.
- Brush the top of the dough with melted butter and sprinkle the cinnamon sugar over the top.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely.
- Mix the glaze ingredients in a small bowl. Drizzle over the Cranberry Orange Cheesecake Crescent Bars. Allow the glaze to harden and cut into 16 bars before serving.
- Store in the refrigerator.
- Makes 16.
Keywords: crescent roll dessert recipe, crescent roll recipe, filled crescent roll bars