Cranberry Goat Cheese Crescent Bites Appetizer recipe
Cranberry Goat Cheese Crescent Bites are made with 2 easy ingredients. A piece of buttery golden and flaky crescent roll dough wrapped around a piece of cranberry flavored goat cheese is baked into little bite size appetizers for the holidays. Crescent Bites make a perfect finger food for a party.
- 1 can Pillsbury Crescent Rolls
- 4 oz cranberry cinnamon goat cheese log
- creme fraiche or sour cream (optional)
- minced parsley (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 375 F. degrees.
- Prepare the baking sheet by lining it with parchment paper.
- Cut two more pieces of parchment paper that are about 12 by 16 inches long.
- Lay one piece of parchment paper down on the counter or a cutting board.
- Open the crescent roll packaging and place the starting end of the roll of crescent rolls two inched from one edge of the piece of parchment paper. Carefully, without splitting the perforated edges of the crescent roll dough unroll the crescent roll onto the parchment paper.
- If any of the individual crescent rolls have separated gently pull the perforated edges back together.
- Pinch the seams of the crescent rolls together sealing the dough together. Tap each seam with your finger to smooth out the edges.
- Place the other piece of parchment paper over the top of the crescent roll dough and rub your hand over it to smooth it out. With a rolling pin roll the dough into a 12 x 8-inch rectangle. Flip the parchment covered crescent dough over and gently roll the rolling pin over the dough to smooth that side. Gently peel the parchment paper off and pinch together any seams that have not sealed together. Place the parchment paper back over the dough. Slide it onto a cookie sheet and chill in the refrigerator 10 minutes.
- After ten minutes remove the dough from the refrigerator, place it on your work surface and peel the top layer of parchment paper off. Trim with a sharp knife any edges of the dough that are not straight.
- With a sharp knife, cut into 6 rows by 4 rows to make 24 squares.
- Unwrap the goat cheese log. Use a one teaspoon measuring spoon to scoop the goat cheese from the log.
- Place a scant teaspoon of goat cheese in the center of each square of crescent dough. Bring the four corner together to overlap and twist to seal the dough.
- Place the filled crescent bites on the parchment lined baking sheet two inches apart. Repeat until you’ve filled all 24 pieces of crescent dough with goat cheese.
- Bake the crescent bites for 10 to 12 minutes until golden brown. Remove the tray from the oven and bake the other pan if you used two smaller baking pans. Serve the crescent roll bites warm or at room temperature.
- Makes 24 appetizers.
- Calories: 58
Keywords: Savory Appetizer recipe, Crescent Roll Appetizer recipe, easy party appetizers, 2 ingredient appetizers