- 2 1/2 cups Sweetened Coconut
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1–2 cups Wilton Dark Cocoa Candy Melts or Chocolate Chips
- 1–2 teaspoons Crisco Shortening
- Coarsely chop the coconut flakes.
- In a bowl mix the sweetened coconut flakes, condensed milk, corn syrup and vanilla extract. Set aside.
- In a disposable decorator bag melt a 1/2 cup of candy melts or chocolate chips with 1 teaspoon Crisco.
- Fill the bottom of the candy molds with a layer of melted chocolate.
- Tap the candy mold on the counter to level out the chocolate.
- Fill the center of the mold with about 1/2 teaspoon of coconut filling.
- Remelt the chocolate if it has begun to harden.
- Fill the top of each candy mold cavity with chocolate making sure not to overfill the mold.
- Chill in the refrigerator until chocolate has hardened, about 15 minutes.
- Turn mold over on a piece of parchment paper or foil. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Store candy in an air tight container.
- Category: Candy