Did you know you can make Cold Brewed Iced Coffee at home for pennies on the dollar? You can enjoy an expensive iced coffee house drink at home anytime you like when you brew your own cold brewed iced coffee concentrate at home.
- Place one cup of your favorite coffee grounds into a 1 quart mason jar.
- Fill the jar with cold water. Place a tight fitting lid on the jar and shake so all the coffee ground get saturated. Open the jar and top off the jar with more cold water until it is filled to the brim.
- Replace the lid and set the jar on the counter overnight. A full 12 hours will give the best results.
- Line a fine mesh strainer with a paper coffee filter and place over a large spouted measuring cup or bowl.
- With the lid on tightly shake the jar to loosen the coffee grounds that have floated to the top of the jar. This prevents them from plopping out (and making a huge mess!) when you pour to strain the coffee concentrate.
- Unscrew the lid and carefully pour the coffee concentrate into the lined strainer until there is no more room in the strainer. Allow the coffee concentrate to drain then pour the remaining grounds and coffee concentrate into the strainer. Add about 1/4 cup of cold water to the jar and swish it around. Pour that through the strainer.
- Discard the coffee filter and spent coffee grounds.
- Wash out the quart mason jar and pour the now strained coffee concentrate back into the jar. If there is room in the jar top it off with cold water.
- Chill before serving.
How to make a serving of Cold Brewed Iced Coffee
- To make a glass of cold brewed iced coffee fill a pint size mason jar (my preferred iced coffee glass) or a 16 oz glass with ice. Fill the glass 1/4 to 1/2 full of coffee concentrate (depending on how strong you like your iced coffee). Add a little water to dilute the coffee concentrate and top off the glass with your favorite coffee creamer or dairy product and enjoyed your homemade cold brewed iced coffee at home.
- Serving Size: 12 oz glass
- Calories: 85
Keywords: homemade cold brewed Iced Coffee, iced coffee at home, coffee house recipes