Creamy Coconut Rice Recipe
Creamy Coconut Rice is the perfect side dish for Jamaican Jerk Chicken
- 1 cup long grain rice, rinsed well
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and divided
- Place the long grain white rice in a fine mesh strainer. Rinse the white rice well under cold water until water runs clear.
- In a medium saucepan bring 1 1/2 cups of water to a boil.
- Add the rinsed long grain white rice to the boiling water and stir once with a spoon to break the rice up. Return to a rapid boil then cover the saucepan with a tightfitting lid.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer until water is almost completely evaporated.
- Once the water has almost evaporated add the 1/2 cup of coconut milk to the saucepan, replace the lid and continue to simmer until the rice is tender.
- Once the coconut rice is done remove the saucepan from the heat and add 1 cup of black beans to the rice.
- Stir the beans into the rice and replace the lid, place the saucepan back onto the hot burner and heat until the beans are warmed.
- Heat remaining black beans in a separate pot and serve alongside Crock Pot Jamaican Jerk Chicken.
- Calories: 257
- Carbohydrates: 44.9g
- Fiber: 5.8g
- Protein: 7.6g
Keywords: Jamaican Coconut Rice, Coconut Rice recipe, Chicken Side dish recipe