Citrus Cranberry Snap Beans Recipe
Sweet with a hint of crunchy Citrus Cranberry Snap Beans recipe made with fresh Florida snap beans, cranberries, and sliced almonds.
- 1–1 /2 pounds Fresh from Florida green beans
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 2 oranges, juice + zest (about 1 cup juice)
- 1/4–1/2 poblano pepper, finely diced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch + 1 tablespoon cold water
- pinch of sea salt
- Rinse and trims the ends of the green beans and set aside.
- In a large skillet bring the orange juice, orange zest, cranberries, poblano pepper and sugar to a boil.
- Add the green beans and a pinch of sea salt.
- Toss to coat and place a lid on the skillet.
- Allow the green beans to steam for 8-10 minutes.
- After about 8 minutes add the cornstarch and water to the skillet and toss.
- Replace the lid and continue to steam the green beans until cooked but still crunchy.
- Serves about 8
- Calories: 510
Keywords: Snap Bean Recipe, Green Bean Recipe, Citrus Green Beans. Fresh From Florida