Cinnamon Vanilla Candied Nuts Recipe
Candied nuts make great homemade food gifts for Christmas. This Cinnamon Vanilla Candied Nuts recipe is especially good during the holidays.
You can bag it up in cellophane bags or fill mason jars to give Candied Nuts as a Christmas gift. Tuck some in a gift basket for friends and family.
Or serve a bowl of candied nuts on your appetizer or dessert table. Candied Nuts is another great food gift idea that is very easy to make.
- Measure the pecan halves into a large bowl.
- Mix the sugar, ground cinnamon and pure vanilla extract in a separate bowl.
- Whisk the egg whites and water in a small bowl until very frothy.
- Pour the frothy egg whites over the nuts and toss well until all of the nuts are evenly coated on all the sides.
- Pour the cinnamon sugar mixture over the nuts and toss to coat the nuts evenly with the cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Spread nuts in a single layer on a large cookie sheet.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 300 F. degrees for 25 minutes. Tossing the sugar coated nuts every 10 minutes until the sugar coating is crispy and dry.
- Cool the candied nuts completely before storing in an airtight container. Or fill mason jars or gift bags for holiday gifts.
Nuts: I have made this candied nut recipe with a combination of nuts or one type of nut like whole pecan halves. You can used any type of nut you like as long as you use 4 cups of nuts.
- Serving Size: 1/4 cup
- Calories: 243
- Fat: 18.4g
- Carbohydrates: 19.4g
- Fiber: 2.5g
- Protein: 3.1g
Keywords: Cinnamon Candied Nuts recipe, Cinnamon Vanilla Candied Nuts recipe, Food gift Ideas, Candied Pecan recipe