Candied nuts make a great homemade gifts from the kitchen recipe. Your family and friends will love getting a jar full as a Christmas present this holiday season.
- 2 cups pecan halves
- 1 cup whole almonds
- 1 cup walnut halves
- 1 1/4 cup of sugar
- 1 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons vanilla paste or extract
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons water
- Measure the nuts into a large bowl.
- Mix sugar, cinnamon and vanilla in a small bowl.
- Whisk egg whites and water until very frothy.
- Pour egg whites over the nuts and mix well evenly coating all the nuts.
- Pour sugar mixture over the nuts and stir to coat evenly.
- Spread nuts in a single layer on a large cookie sheet.
- Bake at 300 degrees for 25 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes until the sugar coating is crisp and dry.
- Cool completely and store in an airtight container or fill individual jars for holiday gifts.
- Category: Homemade Holiday
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 cup