Surprise your friends and family with these old fashioned homemade Chocolate Raspberry Jellies Candy for a homemade holiday.
- In a 2-quart saucepan, mix pectin, water and baking soda; stir until foamy.
- In a separate 2-quart saucepan, mix sugar and corn syrup.
- Place both pans over high heat at the same time.
- Cook both mixtures. stirring constantly, about 4 minutes, until foam in pectin mixture has thinned and sugar mixture is boiling rapidly.
- Stirring constantly, pour pectin mixture in a slow steady stream into the boiling sugar mixture. Continue boiling one minute longer.
- Remove from heat, stir in flavoring or extract.
- Immediately pour into a greased 9×5 loaf pan or greased candy molds as I have used.
- Let stand at room temperature overnight until firm.
- Turn candy out onto wax paper sprinkled with sugar. Cut candy into 3/4 inch squares with a knife dipped into warm water if you used a loaf pan.
- If you used candy molds turn the candy out and roll in sugar.
- Allow candy to air dry over night before dipping in chocolate.
- Dip squares or molded jellies into melted chocolate. Return to wax paper until hardened.
- Category: Christmas Candy
- Method: Dipped
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 Piece
- Calories: 149
Keywords: Chocolate Covered Raspberry Jellies Candy, old fashioned Raspberry Jellies Candy recipe, Raspberry Jelly Candy, Old Fashioned Christmas Candy Recipes