- Shortbread Cookie Recipe I used this Shortbread Cookie Recipe from Veena Azmanov
- Wilton Light Cocoa Candy Melts
- Christmas Sprinkles
- Slice Almonds, chopped
- Andes Peppermint Baking Bits
- 2 teaspoons Crisco shortening
- Wilton 12 inch Decorating bag or a quart size plastic bag.
- Bake the Shortbread Cookie recipe following the directions.
- Allow cookies to cool completely.
- Place 1/2 cup of the Wilton Candy Melts into a Wilton decorating bag or a quart size ziplock bag and add the Crisco shortneing. If using a decorator bag secure the top with a rubber band. If using a sandwich bag twist the top up and secure with a rubber band.
- Melt the candy melts in the microwave at 10 second intervals until liquid. Or place the bag is a pot of water on the stove set at the lowest setting and allow to melt.
- Once the candy melts are melted squash the bag until the shortening has been mixed in with the melted candy melts making the chocolate thinner.
- Snip a tiny hole in the corner or bottom of the bag and drizzle on to a cookie.
- Immediately dip or sprinkle, chopped nuts, Christmas color sprinkles or Andes candy on the melted candy coating.
- Decorate one cookie at a time and add the topping before the candy coating begins to harden.
- Set each cookie onto a cooling rack or parchment paper covered cookie sheet.
- Allow the candy coating to harden completely before storing in a single layer in an air tight container.
- Place a sheet of parchment or wax paper between the cookie layers to prevent damage.
- Makes 18-24 cookies depending on how big you make them.
- Category: Christmas Cookie recipe, Cookie Exchange, Shortbread, Homemade Cookie