Homemade Chocolate Dipped Biscotti is a delicious after dinner coffee desert for the holidays or any time.
- 4 3/4 cups all-purpose flour plus more for dusting
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 6 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 olive oil
- 3/4 cup double strength brewed coffee
- 1/2 toasted sliced almonds
- melting chocolate
- 1 tablespoon solid shortening
- chopped almonds
- chocolate sprinkles
- Whisk the dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl whisk the eggs, olive oil and coffee until combined.
- Add the liquids to the dry ingredient.
- Add the toasted almonds to the bowl and fold the ingredients together.
- Turn the dough out onto a heavily floured surface.
- Fold the dough together until is no longer sticky to the touch.
- Divide the dough into 3 separate pieces and form into wide logs.
- Transfer the dough to a large baking sheet that has been covered with parchment paper.
- Bake in a preheated 350-degree oven for 30 minutes.
- Cool completely on a cooling rack.
- Once cool cut each loaf into thin 1/4 -1/2 inch thick pieces.
- Bake the Biscotti on an ungreased cookie sheet for 30 minutes. Flipping at 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and transfer to a cooling rack to cool.
- Optional-dip biscotti in melted chocolate and sprinkle with toasted almond pieces.
- Serve with your favorite cup of coffee.