These Chocolate Covered Coconut Bars are so easy to make and taste just like a Mounds bar with a graham cracker crust….if a Mounds bar had a graham cracker crust. Actually these Chocolate Covered Coconut Bars taste so good with their graham cracker crust I think the makers of Mounds should consider adding a graham cracker crust layer.
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 2 cups sweetened coconut flakes
- 1 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 12 ounce bag semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 crushed graham cracker (optional)
- Prepare an 8 x 8 inch baking pan by layering parchment paper over the bottom and leave a little hanging over the sides.
- In a bowl mix the graham cracker crumbs, the sugar and melted butter.
- Press the mixture into the bottom of the prepared 8 x 8 baking dish.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile mix the coconut flakes into the condensed milk.
- Remove the crust from the oven and immediately spread the coconut mixture over the crust.
- Return to the oven and bake for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes remove from oven and immediately spread the bag of chocolate chips over the top of the coconut filling.
- Allow chips to melt for about 15 minutes. With a offset spatula spread the melted chocolate chips over the filling.
- Sprinkle with crushed graham cracker cookie.
- Allow chocolate to harden before cutting into 16 squares.
- Calories: 267
- Carbohydrates: 30.8g
- Fiber: 2.1g
- Protein: 2g