Thick and chewy homemade Chocolate Chip Cookies are a comfort food you can bake when you are craving something sweet. These homemade chocolate chip cookies are the best. Thick and chewy chocolate chip cookies are very easy to make.
- 2 1/4 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup of unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cups packed dark brown sugar
- 3/4 cups white sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (I always use my homemade vanilla extract when baking)
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups chocolate chips
- In a large mixing bowl whisk the flour, salt, and baking soda. Set aside.
- In a small bowl with a handheld mixer combine the softened butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar, eggs, and vanilla extract until all of the ingredients are creamy and lump-free.
- Mix the ingredients from both bowls together until completely combined.
- Add the chocolate chips to the bowl and mix with a wooden spoon until the chocolate chips are evenly distributed throughout the cookie dough. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and chill for at least an hour before baking cookies.
- Preheat the oven to 325 F. degrees. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Using a cookie dough scoop drop the dough on the prepared cookie sheet leaving 2 inches between each cookie. Bake in the preheated oven for 12 to 14 minutes.
- Remove the cookie sheet from the oven and cool 10 minutes before transferring the cookies to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Makes 4 dozen cookies.
- Serving Size: 2 Cookies
- Calories: 164
- Carbohydrates: 21.2g
Keywords: Homemade Chocolate Chip Cookies, Homemade Cookies, Classic Chocolate Chip Cookies