Chili Lime Grilled Pineapple Recipe
- 1 fresh pineapple
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 – 3/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoons key lime juice
- Peel and slice a large pineapple. Place the pineapple slices on a baking sheet or a plate. (see notes)
- In a small bowl mix the 3 tablespoons of honey, the ground chili powder and Key lime juice. Mix until the honey is no longer thick.
- Brush both sides of each pineapple slice with the mixture. I used a silicone basting brush. Save the remaining glaze for basting. I actually used the left over glaze to glaze my Key Lime Ginger Grilled Chicken while I was grilling it.
- Heat your grill to piping hot. Place each pineapple slice on the hot grate and grill until you have dark grill marks on the bottom before turning. Grill the pineapple for about 5 minutes on each side. The grilling time will vary depending on how hot your grill is.
- Once the Chili Lime Grilled Pineapple is done grilling remove from the grill to a aluminum baking sheet or plate. Serve as desired. Or make my Key Lime Ginger Grilled Chicken when I post the recipe.
- Makes about 8 slices or servings.
How To Slice Fresh Pineapple for Grilling
- Prepare the fresh pineapple by cutting off the crown and bottom. Then cut the pineapple in half horizontally. This will make it so much easier to cut the rind off.
- Place one half of the pineapple on a cutting mat or board, flesh down. Using a sharp knife. (I like my ceramic knife for this and most of my cutting needs.) begin slicing the rind from the pineapple half following the curve of the pineapple. Once all of the pineapple rind has been removed go back over the piece of pineapple and slice off any eyes that remain. Repeat with the second half of the pineapple.
- Place one half of the pineapple on its vertical side. Cut 4 or 5 thick slices. Do not remove the core from the slices. Place each slice on a baking sheet. (Love my 1/4 sheet aluminum baking sheets for jobs like this!)
- Repeat with the remaining half of pineapple and add those slices to the baking sheet.
- Category: Fruit
- Method: Grilled
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 Grilled Pineapple Slice
- Calories: 109
- Carbohydrates: 28.7
Keywords: Grilled Pineapple Recipe, Fresh Pineapple Recipe, Grilled Fruit Recipe, How To Grill Pineapple Slices