- 32 ounces ricotta cheese
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 – 24-ounce jars Bertolli Riserva Asiago Cheese and Artichokes Sauce
- 2 1/2 cups cooked shredded chicken meat
- 1.5 pounds whole Mozzarella cheese block diced
- 9–12 cooked lasagna noodles
- fresh Parmesan cheese grated
- 1 – 13 ounce can artichoke hearts, drained well and cut into quarters
- Preheat oven to 375.
- In a large bowl mix the ricotta cheese, egg, pepper,
- Cover and refrigerate until needed.
- In a sauce pan heat the Bertolli Riserva sauce and shredded chicken.Spread 1/2 a cup of the chicken and sauce on the bottom of a baking pan.
- Place 3 to 4 cooked lasagna noodles per layer, overlapping slightly if needed on top of the sauce in the bottom of the baking dish.
- Spoon a layer of chicken and sauce over the noodles.
- Spoon 1/2 to 3/4 cups of the ricotta mixture over the sauce.
- Sprinkle about 1/2 cup of the mozzarella cheese over the ricotta cheese layer.
- Repeat the layering of ingredients 2-3 times until your baking dish is full.
- Pay attention the amount of the ingredients you have as you create the layers making sure to reserve enough ricotta and mozzarella cheese for a final layer.
- For the final layer spread sauce and chicken over the noodles.
- Spread the remaining ricotta cheese over the sauce.
- Dot the ricotta cheese mixture with the artichoke hearts.
- Sprinkle the remaining mozzarella cheese over the artichoke.
- Sprinkle the top with about 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese.
- Cover the tray with aluminum foil and bake in the preheated oven 60 minutes or until bubbling and the cheese has melted.
- Serves 8