Mini Cherry Slab Pie recipe is for a much smaller version of the big slab pie recipes available. This recipe will easily serve 12.
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting your work surface
- ½ cup finely ground almonds ( 2 ounces)
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup unsalted butter, (one stick)
- ⅔ cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 cups Cherry Vanilla Pie Filling
- 1 egg white
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small bowl combine flour, ground almonds, cinnamon, baking powder and salt; set aside
- Cream butter and brown sugar until creamy.
- Beat in egg.
- Gradually add flour mixture, beating on low speed just until mixture comes together to form a dough.
- Divide the dough in half.
- Place each half in a plastic bag and flatten into a circle.
- Chill for at least an hour.
- Grease the baking pan well with butter or a nonstick baking spray.
- Remove both pieces of dough from the refrigerator.
- Roll one piece of dough out onto a floured surface into a rectangle that will fit into the bottom of the baking pan.
- Press the dough to the edges of the pan with your fingertips.
- Spread the Cherry Vanilla Pie Filling over the crust to 1/4 inch from the edge.
- Roll out the remaining piece of dough into another rectangle about the same size as the pan.
- Cut strips of dough and lay over the Cherry Vanilla Pie Filling to form a crust.
- Beat one egg white white with 2 tablespoons water and brush over crust.
- Sprinkle slivered almonds over the crust.
- Sprinkle 2 tablespoons of sugar over crust.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 30-45 minutes or until the crust is golden and the filling is bubbling.
- Cool before serving.
- Category: Pie
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 Piece
- Calories: 378