This Cherry Marmalade recipe is so good I could eat it straight from the jar. Forget about smearing a spoonful of it on a biscuit or bagel. This stuff is awesome. It tastes divine on vanilla ice cream.
- 2 lbs fresh sweet cherries, pitted
- 2/3 cup chopped medium orange
- 3 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon butter (optional)
- Rinse cherries and orange.
- Stem and pit cherries.
- Cut orange in half and remove seeds.
- Finely chop orange pulp and peel.
- Measure 2/3 cup of chopped orange.
- Place all the ingredients into a large saucepan on low and stir until sugar has dissolved.
- Increase heat to medium-high and bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Cook rapidly to the jelling point (220 F. degrees on a candy thermometer), stirring constantly.
- Remove the pot from the heat and skim foam.
- Fill half pint jars with the hot mixture, leaving 1/4-inch head space.
- Wipe jar rims with a damp paper towel and put lids on each jar.
- Process in a hot water bath for 15 minutes.
Calories are for a 1/2 pint jar of marmalade.
- Calories: 570