Lactose free Dessert option for Valentines Day or any special day you want a sweet dessert recipe.
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- juice of half a lime
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 – 3.4 oz boxes instant cheesecake pudding
- 3 cups LACTAID ® Whole Milk
- At least two hours ahead make the blueberry sauce.
- In a sauce pan place the blueberries, sugar, water, lime juice and cornstarch.
- Heat on low until the sugar dissolves.
- Increase the heat to medium-high and bring to a low boil.
- Boil 3-5 minutes until the sauce has thickened and is a bright clear purple.
- Remove from heat and cool to room temperature.
- Place the sauce in a bowl with a lid and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Prepare the instant pudding by mixing the LACTAID ® Whole Milk and pudding mix.
- Whisk or beat with a handheld mixer until very thick and creamy, about 4 minutes.
- Divide half the pudding between 4 small dessert bowls.
- Spoon about 2 tablespoons of chilled blueberry sauce over the first layer of pudding, being sure to save some for a topping.
- Divide the remaining pudding between the 4 dessert bowls.
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill until ready to serve.
- Before serving top each bowl with a spoon of blueberry sauce.
- Makes 4 servings.