When I celebrate Easter or Mother’s Day I like to make a special dessert recipe for the family. On Mother’s Day I always try to make something extra special for all the Mamma’s in the family.
I think you’ll agree this Cheesecake Lemon Curd Berry Crescent Bars recipe jumps up and screams you are special!
- 8 oz block cream cheese, room temp
- 4 tablespoons butter, room temp
- 1 teaspoons vanilla extract (I used my homemade vanilla extract)
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 1/2 cup lemon curd (I used my easy homemade lemon curd recipe)
- 2 roll package of Original Pillsbury Crescent Rolls (available at Walmart)
- fresh blueberries
- fresh raspberries
- powdered sugar, lemon curd and berries for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- In a large bowl beat the cream cheese until smooth.
- Add the butter and beat until combined with the cream cheese.
- Add the vanilla extract and egg to the bowl. Beat on high for 1 minute.
- Scrape the bowl and add half of the powdered sugar. Beat on low until the sugar is mostly combined, scrape the bowl then add the remaining powdered sugar. Again begin beating on low until the powdered sugar has been mixed in with the other ingredients.
- Increase the speed to high and beat until the cheese cake filling is light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Set filling aside while preparing the baking pan by lining it with parchment paper.
- Remove one roll of the Pillsbury Crescent rolls from the refrigerator.
- Open the package and carefully begin to unroll the sheet of crescent rolls keeping it intact as you lay it into the bottom of a baking pan or on a cookie sheet that has been lined with parchment paper.
- Press the center seam together and arrange it so it forms a rectangle.
- Spread the cheese cake filling to within a 1/4 inch of the edges.
- Gently spread the lemon curd over the cheesecake filling.
- Arrange fresh berries over the filling.
- Remove the remaining crescent roll from the fridge, open and carefully unroll it over the top of the pan covering the filling. Pull and tuck it over the bottom crescent roll pressing down on the edges.
- Bake 22-25 minutes in the preheated oven, turning the pan once.
- Remove from the oven and allow to come to room temperature. Chill in the refrigerator at least one hour.
- Before cutting sift powdered sugar over the top then cut into bars.
- For each serving place a dollop of lemon curd in the center and top with fresh berries.
- Makes 8-12 servings.
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: crescent roll dessert bars, crescent roll recipes, dessert bars