Cauliflower, Leek and Mushroom Casserole Recipe
This Cauliflower, Leeks and Mushroom Casserole has a surprising little kick to it.
- 4 cups fresh cauliflower florets, about 1 large head
- 1 cup sliced Crimini mushrooms
- 3/4 cup cooked bacon, chopped
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced leek
- 2 1/2 cups Sargento Sharp Cheddar Fine Cut, divided
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 – 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 1/2 cups Panko bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- Steam the cauliflower until fork tender.
- In a baking dish mix 2 cups Sargento cheese, the cooked cauliflower, the sliced mushrooms, 1/2 cup of the bacon, leeks, salt, black pepper and ground red pepper. Mix well.
- Pour the cream over the ingredients in baking dish and mix to combine.
- In a small bowl mix the bread crumbs, remaining bacon, the remaining 1/2 cup cheese and red pepper flakes.
- Spoon over the breadcrumb mixture over the casserole and spread evenly over the top.
- Drizzle the melted butter over the top.
- Bake uncovered in a preheated 375-degree oven for 30-45 minutes or until bubbling and the topping is golden brown.
- Category: Vegetarian Recipe
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 516
- Carbohydrates: 28.8g
- Fiber: 3.3g
- Protein: 18.5g
Keywords: Vegetarian Casserole recipe, Cauliflower casserole recipe, Leek recipe, Mushroom Casserole recipe