Come celebrate Can It Forward with me this week with this slightly spicy and exotic Caribbean Fruit Salsa recipe.
I love easy canning recipes and now that Ball Home Canning products and McCormick Spices have teamed up to bring us these great new recipe spice cards I am even more excited.
- 6 cups fresh pineapple, diced
- 1 cup fresh mango, diced (I used frozen mango)
- 2 cups fresh papaya, diced (I used some frozen papaya I had How To Freeze Fresh Papaya)
- 1/2 cup bottled lemon juice
- Ball Canning & McCormick Spice recipe card Caribbean Fruit Salsa
- Prepare 4 pint jars and one 1/2 pint jar or enough jars in your favorite Ball canning jar size to can 4 1/2 pints of salsa.
- Chop all of the fruit and place into a large enough pot to allow for plenty of extra room so it will not over boil.
- Add the lemon juice and spices to the pot and stir well.
- Place the pot on the stove and turn the heat on medium high.
- Cook the fruit until it comes to a simmer.
- Simmer the fruit for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the stove and fill the jars leaving 1/2 inch head space.
- Wipe rims, place a flat lid on the jar and screw a band on. Set filled jar aside while filling the remaining jars with fruit salsa.
- Process in a hot water bath for 35 minutes.
- Serving Size: 2 Tablespoons
- Calories: 16