The little gems of calamondin oranges make a perfect marmalade. If you are lucky enough to have a calamondin tree growing near by or buy one for your backyard this is a perfect recipe. Calamondin Marmalade makes a wonderful Christmas gift.
- 40 fresh calamondin sour oranges
- equal amounts of sugar
- juice of the calamondin oranges ( about 3/4 cup)
- 1 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Cut each calamondin orange in half and remove the seeds.
- Squeeze the juice into a bowl or measuring cup and set aside.
- Flatten each calamondin half and thinly slice the peel into ribbons.
- Measure the calamondin peel, water and calamondin juice before pouring into a large jam pot.
- Measure equal amounts of sugar and add to the pot.
- Add butter to pot.
- Heat on low, stirring occasionally so the sugar doesn’t scorch on the bottom of the pot.
- Once the sugar has dissolved turn the heat up to medium high and bring to a boil.
- Place a saucer in the freezer.
- Cook until marmalade sets.
- Check set by dropping a dollop of marmalade on the cold saucer and push the edge with your fingertip.
- If marmalade wrinkles it has set.
- Process marmalade in a hot water bath 20 minutes.
- Category: Canning Recipes
- Method: Hot Water Bath Canning
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 Tablespoon
- Calories: 56