Make these Cadbury Creme Egg Cupcakes and surprise the kids during your Easter celebration with a special little surprise tucked inside. Each homemade chocolate cupcake is topped with homemade chocolate butter cream frosting, stuffed with a mini Cadbury Creme Egg and decorated with green sprinkles and another Cadbury Egg.
Homemade Chocolate Cupcake Ingredients
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
Homemade Chocolate Buttercream Frosting Ingredients
Homemade Chocolate Cupcake Directions
1. Sift the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt together into a bowl.Set aside.
2. Add the cocoa to the boiling water and mix until all lumps have dissolved.Set aside.
3. In a large bowl cream together the butter and sugar.
4. Add the egg and vanilla to the bowl with the creamed butter and sugar.
5. Beat on high for about 2 minutes.
6. Add half the dry ingredients and half the cocoa mixture to the bowl and beat for about 1 minute.
7. Add the remaining dry ingredients and cocoa mixture to the bowl and beat for 2 minutes on high.
8. Fill the cupcake wells 3/4 full with batter.
9. Bake in a preheated 350 degrees oven or (325-degree oven for dark pans) for 20-24 minutes or until the top of a cupcake springs back when touched.
10. Allow cupcakes to cool completely before frosting.
Homemade Chocolate Butter Cream Frosting Directions
1. Cream the softened butter in a large bowl until smooth and fluffy.
2. Sift the powdered sugar and cocoa together into a bowl. Add the salt.
3. Gradually add the powdered sugar to the mixer bowl and beat on low until mixed in.
4. Increase the speed to medium high and beat for 3 minutes, scraping the bowl occasionally.
5. Refrigerate until serving.
How to assemble Cadbury Creme Egg Cupcakes
- 12 Chocolate Cupcakes
- Chocolate Butter Cream Frosting
- 24 Mini Cadbury Creme Eggs
- 2 Wilton 12 inch decorating bags.
- 1 large closed star tip
- Green Sprinkles
- Prepare the first decorating bag by fitting it with a large closed star tip. Set aside.
- Fill the second decorating bag with about 1/4 cup of the Chocolate Butter Cream frosting and snip off the point of the bag.
- Fill the remaining decorating bag that you fitted with the star tip with the remaining frosting.
- Twist and secure the top of the bag tightly with a rubber band.
- Cut a hole in the center of each cupcake large enough to hold a Mini Cadbury Creme Egg.
- Set each piece of cake that you have removed next to the cupcake you cut it from.
- Unwrap 12 Mini Cadbury Creme Eggs.
- In the bottom of the hole you cut out into each cupcake place a dot of frosting from the small decorator bag.
- Push one mini Cadbury Creme Egg into each hole in the cupcake center.
- Squeeze another small dot of frosting on top of each Cadbury Creme Egg.
- Pick up the cap of cake you previously removed and trim some of the cake off the bottom, leaving a flat cap. Fit it into the hole and press gently but firmly down to secure it to the frosting you placed on the candy egg.
- Repeat with all the cupcakes.
- Unwrap the remaining 12 mini Cadbury Creme Eggs.
- Using the decorator bag fitting with the star tip frost each cupcake by going around the edge of the cupcake and ending in the center.
- Add some green sprinkles to the center of each cupcake.
- Place a mini Cadbury Creme Egg in the center of each bupcake.
- Refrigerate the cupcakes before serving to allow the frosting to stiffen.
- Makes 12 cupcakes.
- Serving Size: 1 Cupcake
- Calories: 527
- Carbohydrates: 71.6g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 3.5g
Keywords: cadbury cupcakes, Cadbury Eggs Cupcakes, Easter cupcakes