Homemade Buttermilk Pancakes with Homemade Blueberry Syrup made with fresh blueberries is a wonderful breakfast recipe you can make any time.
Blueberry Syrup Ingredients
- 1 1/2 cups fresh Highbush Blueberries, divided
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
Buttermilk Pancake Ingredients
- 1 cup flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter , melted
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
To Make the Blueberry Syrup
- Place 1 cup of blueberries, sugar and cornstarch is a small sauce pan. Cook on low until sugar is dissolved.
- Turn heat to medium and slowly bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- Cook for 15-20 minutes, until thickened and blueberries have cooked down a bit.
- Add remaining 1/2 cup of blueberries and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Allow to cool to room temperature. Pour syrup into a spouted cup before serving.
- Serve warm over freshly made pancakes or even waffles.
- Store leftover syrup in an airtight container in the refrigerator and use within one week.
- Makes 1 1/2 cups.
To Make the Buttermilk Pancakes
- Whisk together all the wet ingredients in a bowl.
- Add dry ingredients whisking just until moistened.
- Heat a skillet on medium and with a paper towel lightly grease with vegetable oil.
- Ladle 1/4 cup of pancake batter into a circle in the hot skillet.
- Cook each pancake until bubbles form and begin to burst on the first side.
- Flip pancake over and cook until bottom is a golden brown and the center is cooked through.
- Stack pancakes on a serving platter or baking pan as they cook. Keep warm in a warm oven until ready to serve.
- Serve with warm homemade blueberry syrup
- Serving Size: 2 Pancakes