Low Carb Breakfast Muffins
These low carb breakfast muffins are a great freezer meal breakfast recipe that you can have on hand for those busy mornings you don’t have time to cook breakfast. Pop one in the microwave and out the door you go.
- 2–3 Italian Turkey Sausages
- 2 1/2 cups steamed cauliflower, chopped finely
- 8 large eggs
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red, yellow and orange peppers
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1/2 cup low-fat cheddar cheese, divided
- dash garlic powder
- Steam cauliflower and chop finely.
- Remove the casing from the turkey sausage cook over a medium heat, breaking up the sausage into bite size pieces.
- Mix the Parmesan cheese, 1/4 cup of low-fat cheddar and 1/2 teaspoon pepper with the cauliflower. Set aside.
- In a large bowl beat the eggs.
- Add the cooked sausage, peppers, 1/4 cup low-fat cheddar, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, a dash of garlic powder to the eggs and mix well.
- Divide the cauliflower mixture between the 12 wells of a cupcake pan that has been sprayed with non-stick spray.
- Press the cauliflower mixture into the bottom of each cupcake well with the back of a spoon.
- Add 1/4 cup of the egg mixture to each cupcake well.
- Bake in a preheated 375 F. degree oven for 22 minutes.
- Immediately remove each breakfast muffin from the pan and allow to cool on a cake rack.
- May be frozen in individual servings in a freezer safe bag.
- To reheat remove muffin from the freezer and heat in the microwave.
- Or thaw frozen breakfast muffin and heat in a toaster oven.
Low carb breakfast option and a healthier way to start the morning.
- Category: Breakfast Recipes
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 47
Keywords: low carb breakfast muffin recipe, cauliflower recipe, breakfast muffin recipe, egg recipes