Loosely adapted from the freshpreserving.com website Jam Maker Berry Jam http://www.freshpreserving.com/recipe.aspx?r=303
- 2 2/3 cups crushed blueberries (about 2 pints)
- 3 Tbsp Ball® RealFruit® Classic Pectin
- 1/2 tsp butter or margarine
- 3 1/3 cups granulated sugar
- 1 Lime, juiced
- 1/3 cup finely chopped poblano pepper
- Prepare the blueberries by washing them and removing any stems.
- Crush the blueberries by using the bottom of a glass. This works much better then a potato masher for the small berries.
- Measure 2 2/3 cups of the crushed blueberries into a bowl and stir in the lime juice.
- Finely chop the poblano pepper and add to the bowl with the blueberries and mix in.
- Measure sugar into a bowl and set aside.
- Add the pectin to the bottom of the Jam Maker with the Stirrer in place.
- Add the crushed blueberries and lemon juice evenly on top of the pectin.
- Add the margarine to the Jam Maker.
- Press the jam button on the Jam & Jelly Maker and press enter.
- Allow the machine to run for 4 minutes until you hear 4 short beeps
- Immediately add the sugar slowly to the Jam Maker.
- Place the lid on the jam maker.
- Allow the Jam Maker to run for the remaining 18 minutes on the timer undisturbed.
- Do not lift the lid during cooking time.
- When the Jam Maker beeps again the jam is done.
- Carefully remove the lid by first lifting the back end that is farthest away from you to allow the release of the built up heat and steam. Warning the glass lid will be hot. Place it on a towel out of the way.
- Fill your jars with the jam and process the jam in a hot water bath for 20 minutes.
This Blueberry and Poblano Pepper Jam is meant to be made in the Automatic Ball Jam & Jelly Maker.
Calorie count is per 1/2 pint jar.
- Calories: 761