Blackened Shrimp Scampi
Blackened Shrimp Scampi is so easy to make that you can serve this delicious seafood recipe in about 10 minutes.
- 1 pound large Florida Pink Shrimp
- ½ pound pasta, cooked el dente
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3-4 garlic cloves, chopped finely
- Blackened fish seasoning
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- Cook the pasta before you start cooking the shrimp. Drain well and set aside.
- Peel and de-vein the shrimp. Rinse the shrimp in cold water and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Place shrimp in a single layer on a plate.
- Season shrimp with salt and pepper. Sprinkle the shrimp with an even layer of the Blackened fish seasoning.
- Flip shrimp over and repeat.
- In a large saute pan heat the olive oil on medium high.
- Place the shrimp in a single layer in the sauté pan.
- Cook uncovered for 1-3 minutes depending on the size of the shrimp. Larger shrimp will need to cook for about 2-3 minutes on the first side.
- Turn the shrimp over and add the chopped garlic to the pan.
- Cook for another 2-3 minutes until the shrimp is cooked through. Do not overcook. Shrimp are done when they turn a bright pink color and are cooked through the center. If unsure remove a large shrimp from the pan, remove the pan from the heat and test the shrimp for doneness. Shrimp should be tender. Return to the heat if not completely cooked and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Add the cooked pasta to the pan and toss. Remove pan from heat and serve immediately.
Keywords: Shrimp Scampi recipe, Shrimp Recipe, Blackened Shrimp recipe, Florida Pink Shrimp, Gulf Shrimp, Easy Shrimp recipe