- 2 cups fresh or frozen blackberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 cups freshly squeezed lime juice
- To make Blackberry Simple Syrup
- Put the first 4 ingredients into a medium sized saucepan.
- Heat on low until sugar has dissolved.
- Increase heat to medium and bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer 15-20 minutes.
- Occasionally mash berries with a spoon.
- Remove from heat and cool.
- Strain blackberry syrup through a fine mesh strainer.
- Makes 2 1/2 cup blackberry simple syrup.
- To make Blackberry Limeade.
- Fill a quart size pitcher 3/4 full with ice
- Add 1/2 to 1 cup of fresh squeezed lime juice
- cups blackberry simple syrup
- -2 cups of water.
- Stir, taste to adjust sweetness if needed by adding more blackberry simple syrup.
- To serve pour over ice in a glass.
- Category: Summer Beverage